Terms of Business for Services Effective 1st Jan 2012
- The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Wags, Woofs & Whiskers, or is using any other services provided by Wags, Woofs & Whiskers, and agrees to indemnify Wags, Woofs & Whiskers in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
- The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Wags, Woofs & Whiskers has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
- All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Wags, Woofs & Whiskers staff prior to using Wags, Woofs & Whiskers. Wags, Woofs & Whiskers reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
- The Client agrees to notify Wags, Woofs & Whiskers immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
- The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Wags, Woofs & Whiskers, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of Wags, Woofs & Whiskers to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Wags, Woofs & Whiskers may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
- Wags, Woofs & Whiskers reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including Bordetella), or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
- Bitches may not attend Wags, Woofs & Whiskers while in season or pregnant. Wags, Woofs & Whiskers reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.
- The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Wags, Woofs & Whiskers responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
- The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Wags, Woofs & Whiskers immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Wags, Woofs & Whiskers reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
- The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Wags, Woofs & Whiskers without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Wags, Woofs & Whiskers.
- The Client agrees that Wags, Woofs & Whiskers is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
- The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Wags, Woofs & Whiskers to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
- The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
- The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Wags, Woofs & Whiskers in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
- No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Wags, Woofs & Whiskers in writing.
The Client undertakes to make full and complete disclosure in the Booking Form of any matter, fact, quality or characteristic which might render the Clients dog unsuitable for home boarding including, but not limited to, behavioural or health problems, anti-social behaviour including aggression, separation anxiety, unspayed bitches in season, excessive pulling on the lead, tendency to run away or escape on walks or in the home, incontinence/lack of housetraining, destructive behaviour inside or outside the home, or excessive loud barking/whining etc. Failure on the Clients part to disclose in the Booking Form any matter which in Wags, Woofs & Whiskers view might render the Clients dog unsuitable for home boarding will be deemed a material omission amounting to a fundamental breach of this agreement, entitling Wags, Woofs & Whiskers to terminate the agreement forthwith. In such an eventuality, Wags, Woofs & Whiskers reserve the right to transfer the Clients dog to kennels at the Clients expense and the fee to Wags, Woofs & Whiskers will be payable in full.
Cancellation and/or early collection:
There is a set scale of charges, which applies in the event of cancellation. Payment for the booking is due in advance either by debit / credit card, BACS or cash. For cancellation, you must give notice in writing to Wags, Woofs & Whiskers enclosing any payment due. For the avoidance of doubt, purported cancellation by telephone is not valid notice for the purposes of this clause.
Cancellation up to one month in advance 25% of total cost
Cancellation up to two weeks in advance 50% of total cost
Cancellation up to one week in advance 75% of total cost
Cancellation less than one week in advance 100% of total cost
To ensure confirmation of bookings falling within peak season (June to August) payment must be settled 30 days in advance.
Cancellation By Wags, Woofs & Whiskers: In the unlikely event that Wags, Woofs & Whiskers are unable to complete a confirmed booking for any reason, Wags, Woofs & Whiskers will use all reasonable endeavours to arrange an introduction to an alternative carer. If, despite Wags, Woofs & Whiskers best efforts and are unable to procure an introduction to an alternative carer, Wags, Woofs & Whiskers will refund the Clients booking deposit.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.